Tuesday, February 15, 2011

And That's a Education

    Discipline for Caelan has lately revolved around her not taking 'no' for an answer. She asks for something and I tell her no. Then she says, "But I want..." repeatedly, thinking that any minute I will change my mind. I don't tolerate this and for this evening, she found herself in bed far sooner than she had anticipated, making the discipline quite effective.
    Evelynn, being the observant child she is, had this to say about the discipline: "Caelan got sent to bed because she didn't listen to you. If you tell me 'no' I will say 'yes, ma'am' and I won't say no. She needs to learn that. She was talking bad to you and that was not very nice. I won't talk bad to you, Mom. If she learns that, that's a education."
    It's a blessing that my four year old can pick up on the importance of listening and that would be the beginning of education.

No comments:

Post a Comment