Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Conversations

I absolutely love busy-ness. Life at a faster pace, visitors, parties... but after a month of it, I am so glad to sit here completely content with not having anything to do (other than laundry and general cleaning-- those, unfortunately never go away). Of course in the hectic sometimes chaotic days of fun, things like this blog have been sadly neglected. So I thought I would throw some of my children's sayings out there.

Evelynn: Mom, can I have chocolate? (Me: Not for breakfast) Awww, but I just know there is a golden ticket in there!

Evelynn: One day when McKenna walks, she will do it well. (I have been pleasantly surprised at the correct usage of 'good' and 'well' by Evelynn. Most adults don't even know when to use them).

Caelan: I want to watch a movie (holding a whole stack of DVDs). I want to watch Peter Pan and then after I watch it, I want to watch Ariel, and then after I watch it, I want to watch Tinkerbell, and then after I watch it, I want to watch Heffalump movie and then after I watch it, I want to watch Underdog. Otay?

Evelynn: I want to be the Red Queen for Halloween.
Caelan: No, I want to be the Red Queen.
Evelynn: No, you are Alice.
Caelan: I don't want to be Alice.
Evelynn: I want to be the Bandersnatch.
Caelan: I want to be the Bandersnatch.
Evelynn: No, I am. You can be the White Queen and I can be the Mad Hatter.
Caelan: No, I want to be the Mad Hatter.
Evelynn: No, I am the Mad Hatter. You can be a Tweedle or Alice.
Caelan: I don't want to be a Tweedle or Alice.
Evelynn: All right. You can be the Red Queen.
Caelan: I don't want to be the Red Queen.

Various song lyrics:
Evelynn:
  • Hat McDonald had a farm, E I E L O... and on his farm he had a duck, and a cow and a horse...
  • It swings and it dies, it jumps all over like a jelly fish, Crazy little thing called love...
  • Abcdefghijklmn... po, pqrstuvwxyz.
  • Christmas Halloween, Christmas Halloween, Halloween, Halloween... everybody scream.
McKenna:
  • e,f,g,h,i... b,i,b,l,e...twinkle twinkle little star... I love you a bushel and a peck... Jesus loves me this I know... (This makes for a really great song of some length for her).

1 comment:

  1. I will take full responsibility for McKenna saying Bible! Well, Janet and Jana too.

    ReplyDelete