Monday, January 31, 2011

Killin' Meat

    Evelynn is an inquisitive little girl and what she learns ruminates in her mind for weeks, taking on new meaning for her. After she has acquired enough information on a subject she educates Caelan with what she has learned. One of the things that has interested her greatly in recent months is discovering where 'meat' comes from. This evening as I was cooking dinner Evelynn came in to smell what I was cooking (spaghetti) and to inquire the source of the meat. She left the kitchen with her answers and soon brought Caelan back with her.
    "Caelan, I have something I want to talk to you about. I want to tell you about the meat Mama's fixin'. Grandpa killed that meat. Isn't he so sweet to kill it for us? It's like cow meat, but it's not. It's deer meat. It's gonna be so good. Mama's makin' pasghetti with it. It smells lovely. Grandpa would think so, too."
   The explanation given, she now can't wait to eat that 'killed meat.'
   

2 comments: