Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tetris

The way my mind viewed the day before the refrigerator incident.

I'm a tetris-brained individual.  All items on my daily to-do list must happen at specific times and in correct order so that all will come out well in the end. There is a sequence of events that must be followed. In the game of tetris, the various blocks are open to rearrangement, but they must follow the required angle to fit properly. There are certain items on the list that can be maneuvered accordingly to attain the same result. All items/blocks are manageable. Until one misplaced block jumbles the sequence of events.

The view after the refrigerator died.

The refrigerator is my stumbling block for today. It has served us well, but I could have done without its death. Why today? My list did not contain the extra blocks that its death has brought down quickly on my well laid base. The refrigerator needs to be divested of its items into various ice chests, then cleaned and then moved out for a good scrubbing of the floor and walls behind it. Laundry needs to be done, bags packed and the car loaded for a weekend filled with fun at Camp Manatawny. Delectable baked goods are in mind only, tickling the back of my mind and reminding me that they won't bake themselves. The new refrigerator, please Lord, will be delivered in the morning, but I'm not guaranteed that. Three children are quietly occupied for once and I don't want to attempt anything on my list. I'm sitting here, trying to work out a new tetris grid for a plan of attack. I will be victorious. I will achieve Tetris today.

The view that won't happen.

1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA!

    Sorry about the fridge, though. Ours died while I was in the hospital giving birth to Elias. So then, Scott being the amazing man he is, offered to take care of it so I could then stay with Elias after he was admitted into NICU. It was such a thoughtful offer and I accepted it gladly.

    Until . . .

    I got home that night and realized the fridge he purchased would not organize the way a Rutherford Fridge needed to, resulting in my meltdown on the kitchen floor complete with weeping and ranting.

    We went to get a second refrigerator together the next day.

    ReplyDelete