Monday, September 20, 2010

Snippets

My children love their 'people' and thoroughly enjoyed a weekend full of their favorites. I love that my children feel comfortable around people regardless of age and I feel blessed to know that these people influence my children in so many positive ways. I have to admit though, that I'm also very appreciative of a church with a sense of humor. Evelynn was in her talkative element this year at the church retreat so here are a few of her conversational snippets. I wish I could remember more of them... I might add more as I they make themselves known.

#1. Paul Y. to Evelynn: Who made the moon?
      Evelynn: God did.
      Paul Y.: Who made the earth?
      Evelynn: The other god did.

#2. Evelynn to Christian K. (13) after watching Sponge Bob on his iPod: Do you have Elmo on here?

#3. Evelynn to me about sleeping on a bunk bed: There's no monsters in here. I will be just fine. Don't worry, Mom.

#4. Evelynn giving advice to Krista K.: Do you know what you do with toilet paper? You scratch your booty with it. If your nose itches, you can scratch it with toilet paper, too. But you never use the same piece of toilet paper.

Who knows, this might be her future in toilet paper uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment