Thursday, August 19, 2010

Figuring it all out

    Shopping with three small children is always an adventure. More so now that they are talking. My girls are very inquisitive and highly observant. We had quite a bit to accomplish yesterday, and we had a great time. Like most young kids, mine tend to say things that can range from funny to just down right embarrassing. So, here are a few snippets.
  • At one store our cashier had a nose ring. Caelan repeatedly asked the girl "What's on your nose?" So many times that it got a little embarrassing. The girl told her a nose ring, but I guess that didn't answer the question for Caelan.
  • At every store, my kids asked everyone that was nearby, "What's your name?" and before an answer could be given they continued to say, "My name is Caelan Naomi Brannon." Or "My name is Evelynn Carmine Brannon." Full names are a must, apparently.
  • "Mom, this is not chocolate," said Evelynn pointing to the fruit snacks in the basket. Didn't realize chocolate was on our list or to be in place of the fruit snacks.
  • "They are so pretty (flower headbands)," said Caelan. "Can we have them?" I answered no. "Awwwww, but I like them..."
  • "Don't touch that," I said in while we were in Ross. Evelynn said, "I'm just looking at it... really close."
  • Evelynn said, "Uh, oh-- where's my gum?" That's a good question, one that needs an answer. So I asked, "Did you swallow it?" Her answer, "No, my chicken did." Had to think about this one for a minute. Apparently we had forgotten to tell her to take the gum out of her mouth when she eats. The chicken that she was eating was swallowed with the gum.
  • The burping contest in Target. Caelan can do this on command. Evelynn nearly falls out of her seat in a fit of giggles before fake burping. It's great fun-- for them.
  • The announcement in Target from both the girls, "I have to go potty," said in really loud voices repeatedly until we manage to get to the bathroom-- across the store.
I have to laugh no matter what is said. It's my nature to laugh at the silliness of my kids. Where do they come up with some of this?

“We find a delight in the beauty and happiness of children, that makes the heart too big for the body”
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment