Thursday, August 26, 2010

Butt Paste

    For three days I have looked at the thick, chalky white smears gracing the pillows and cushions on my couch. I would love to do something about it now or even on Monday night when my children were inspired to impress me with their butt paste/couch art. I don't know why, but I cringe inwardly at the term 'butt paste.' I even had a hard time typing it into the title, but there have been a few of you begging for the story. So, butt paste. I've used Boudreaux's Butt Paste since I had Evelynn. (You're welcome, Boudreaux, for the brand plug.) It's smooth and thick and does a great job in healing little bottoms.
    Monday evening was busy, the kind that's running around like a chicken with its head cut off busy, and I know, I've seen plenty of chickens in that state. It ain't pretty. We got home from Williamsburg, VA around 6:30pm and Keith still had to pack for his world travels. He packed, but a few things still needed to be done-- like the laundry from the weekend so that he could take some of those items with him. I took over at that point and let him sit down with the girls to watch a movie. All of them on the couch together was so sweet to see. They were watching Harry Potter. Evelynn and Caelan sitting next to each other toward one end and Keith at the other with McKenna sitting on his chest. I could see the backs of their heads as I ran around getting things done.
    I finally chose to pick up some toys that were between the TV and the couch. The sweet, picturesque view I had in my mind was anything but. Keith is asleep. McKenna is in LaLa Land, and my two darling oldest children are still sitting next to each other, smeared with butt paste. Thickly smeared. The whole tube. I was immediately thankful that it was the small tube and not the vat of the stuff with the screw on lid. Just the tube. Two cushions and three pillows. Caelan's entire face and half her hair. If it weren't an off white color, the stuff would make a great hair gel. Her hair was sticking straight up on top. It's on her arms and legs, too. Apparently, she thought it was lotion. Once Evelynn saw that my reaction was not a good one, she immediately said, "Caelan did it." Which prompted the question, "Then why is it on your hands and arms?" She didn't really have an answer, but quickly volunteered to go wash off in the sink.
    Caelan was not so happy a little later. That stuff is murder to wash out of hair. Oh, yeah, and Keith woke up the moment he heard my "Are you crazy/I can't believe you did this" voice. He decided to make sure McKenna was okay. Smooth. Just like the butt paste across the couch. It's so thick, it doesn't wipe off. It smears even more. Fun. So there it has stayed. Why? Because ten minutes of fun will now cost me at least three hours of labor. The covers have to be removed and washed. As if the green marker geometric shapes weren't enough... they had to add the butt paste.

No comments:

Post a Comment